ABSTRACTION OF STILL LIFE

" GOOD MORNING " - ABSTRACTION OF STILL LIFE

ABSTRACTION OF STILL LIFE - GOOD MORNING

The picture "GOOD MORNING" is one of several works I worked with at Nydalen Art School.It is the result of the first year of specialization where I chose to dig into the subject of Still Life and Abstraction . This picture was created by drawing the objects in front of me early in the morning with a pencil, I have therefore called the picture "GOOD MORNING". The motif has gone through an abstraction process later before it is painted on the canvas.

I continued to paint in the same style for the yearly summer exhibition. The picture under called " NUMBER ONE " is an abstracted observation of a coke bottle I bought in one of the foreign stores in my neighborhood while I lived in the Grønnland area of Oslo. It is painted, designed and created in a half hour.

Sometimes a painting takes hours and days, but some of the best works can be painted in the moment. Though, the time of observations, and the amounts of drawings and work before can make a later painting process work faster.


" NUMBER ONE " - ABSTRACTION OF A COKE BOTTLE









Popular Posts