SNAKES IN HELL




SNAKES IN HELL - ACRYLIC ON CANVAS - 100CM X 70CM



SNAKES IN HELL - A BIBLICAL THEME

While I was working with " WOMAN WITH LEMONS " and creating a stage for the female model in the picture I imagined strongly a landscape full of snakes, red and warm, like a fire ball behind her.

My intention with this picture have been to recreate my imaginary picture. It have been a huge challenge.Therefore It took me about a year to paint it with layers of yellows, orange and red color. The lines of the snakes, their attention to their environment, their move, some one resting, others ready to attach, how they raise their head, the shadows that creates the space from the flat mark.

I wanted even more snakes in the picture braided into each other. The result is how close I managed to paint the picture. I am very proud of the result. That I managed to work through such a huge challenge with patience. How the snakes look like, their personality, the composition and the energy of the picture in absolute balance but still intense and alive. How I have created the paint substance and expression by painting with slowly thick layers of brush strokes. I have painted with acrylic paint, still It shines like an oil painting. I believe I have created a master piece. Just to brag about myself.

I have left some parts on the canvas " unpainted " on porpoise. A little bit inspired of Edvard Munch ,whom also left canvas unpainted, for the admiration and also to help the composition on the canvas. Those snakes are ghost like and the painting becomes a landscape from a dream.

I would like to paint a larger one also that covers a total wall to strengthen the fire ball feeling.

A challenge for a lifetime.

I started the painting process in 2012, the picture was exhibited in Desember 2013 in Nydalen ArtSchool.

SNAKES IN HELL -  EXHIBITED & IN A HOME EVIRONMENT











































Popular Posts